Thursday, March 17, 2011

Springing Forward as usual

Hi everyone,
Still recovering from that hour's loss of sleep are we? Well I always find myself springing forward into everything I have to do because I like to get things done and out of the way. There are some exceptions; one is the show in April that annually gets prepared for. Not just by the promoter Brian Martin, but also by myself.

It's funny how people can just show up at various shows I've seen and not prepare for it at all really, but since I've been in shows and around them all my life it's been a constant preparation for each. This show in April is one of the biggest and a lot goes into it each year that I have to look at Mr. Martin as a super hero to be able to put together something of that magnitude and still get around the show looking every bit as if he's not had a single moment of pressure.

For three days the show runs and there's a schedule to maintain as well as many to be accounted for including the stars of the show. I can't imagine the amount of work, but I do suspect that because it's been running for so many years it's somewhat routine.

There are a few areas that are lacking, but they aren't huge matters and the show does run very smoothly and quite enjoyable.

Well they spring forward into it right after it's finished and start preparing for the next year and I have to say that's one of the things I admire about people running shows like that and everyone involved. They have so much to set up and so many things going on at the Queen Elizabeth Building that the second you get inside and look around you're in awe at how much is there.

Vendors have come and gone as well as various people who've appeared. I have to say the ones that have been a main stay at the show are always a friendly face to see when I get back there. I finish by saying the British Air Paratroopers are a great bunch of guys and along with them are the Bobby's.

Following this show is another GWN Wrestling show which is by far a much smaller production, but one with a lot of heart and it's great to be able to show support and do what I can to help them capture some of that heart and soul. I have no idea what the future holds, but if they ever reach the magnitude of the Isles show I'd like to be around for it. I've been with the Isles show longer than the GWN, but haven't been there from the start like the GWN. Regardless it's wonderful to be a part of the it and catch photos of the talent as each year passes.

Well readers I must get back to work in preparation because when the April weekend hits I won't have time for anything and I have to be completely ready.

Until the next time keep springing forward,
DESIREE

No comments:

Post a Comment